Solus Invictus

Thoughts and Contemplations on the Conquering Son

January 2, 2007

Distractions


I have often in the past taken time off from certain hobbies and activities that I enjoy, mainly to focus on more important things, such as my spiritual life or my family. As I begin the New Year, I find myself compelled to once again lay aside some of these distractions, and enjoy a somewhat quieter life for a while.

This time around, I am giving up two things; video gaming is a hobby that I enjoy thoroughly, and while I do maintain my priorities well in balance with it, I just feel the need to put the old controller down for a bit. The other thing I will fast from is internet use, aside from e-mail and important work-related needs.

I'm giving them both up for one month, beginning today, and I hope to get more reading, writing, sketching, guitar playing and web design done during this month. Please pray for me as I spend this time with fewer distractions and more focus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home