Solus Invictus

Thoughts and Contemplations on the Conquering Son

January 28, 2007

F.U.D.


In the tech industry, FUD stands for "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt". I had my own experience with these emotions this past week, to a degree that I have rarely ever felt them before.

My job with Desert Springs Church calls upon me to serve in a few different capacities, based on my God-given talents, personality and resources, and recently I have been overwhelmed with a certain major project we are trying to complete. This past few days, I thought I would have a nervous breakdown as a result of the tremendous pressure to finish the job well, combined with an inordinate amount of obstacles, challenges and miscommunications. I found myself Friday night nearly panicked over it all, but still managed to get to sleep, hoping Saturday would be better.

Saturday wasn't better. At first, anyway. Tasks we had set out to complete were delayed, people we were relying on couldn't make it, work we thought we could do a certain way simply didn't function how we thought it would! Midway through the day I was exhausted and frustrated.

Then the light came streaming through the clouds, and rescue was sent to me. God provided people and solutions all over the place, and we made serious headway on the project. At the end of the day, I found myself reflecting on my own responses to the situation, and I was convicted by my own Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. I had failed, because in all of this struggle, I did not look to God, but rather only at the problems around me. I was Peter, sinking into the waves, because I hadn't fixed my eyes on Jesus.

Praise God that He is patient with us! I can look at this time now and learn from it, which is because of His grace; I encourage you, ask yourself how you are giving in to FUD this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home